TeXLive 2014 Installation under Windows
This is the details on installing TeXLive 2014 under Windows 8.1.
- Go to official website.
Download and unpack install-tl.zip which will show the installler like install-tl-advanced.bat, install-tl.bat and install-tl.
You may found other installer like install-tl-windows.exe and install-tl-unx.tar.gz. The former one is only for Windows while the later one is only for Unix system.
- Run install-tl-advanced.bat as administrator to install TeXLive for all users.
Use the default configuration except the one texmfhome. I change it from ~\texmf to E:\texmf.
If several users in this machine. How to distinguish the different user data under texmfhome in E:\texmf?
- Before the real installation, read the first three chapters of official documentation.
- The while installation process might need one and a half hour. JUST WAIT!
- Once finished, read chapter 3.4 Post-install actions and chapter 6 Notes on Windows. If necessary, you can also read TeX Live on Windows.
- Actually, the installer under Windows is fairly smart to handle everything else. Hence, for step 7, you just need to understand the points.